Another Great Escape

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Landover Baptist Church : Unsaved NOT welcome

It took me a good while to figure out that this was a spoof site. Anyway, Landover Baptist, has some cracking stuff but be warned, it's not for the easily offended Christians. This site takes a big swipe at American Evangelical Christians, and the whole "Jesus Junk" culture. If you can see through the satire, it raises some important issues; the amount of money that is being generated by the christian merchandise industry; the way that some Americans see America as being especially blessed by God (therefore justifying foreign policy...); the conditions some churchs have on membership, etc . To be honest, it made me laugh loads too, and that's one of the reasons why I'm posting about it.

I'm not sure who wrote it - it's very difficult to find any information about the authors. I'm not even sure whether the authors are Christians, but they seem to highlight areas for concern - slightly irreverantly.

It's really well put together and updated regularily but I don't think I'll be buying a WWJD thong though, not yet anyway.

2 Comments:

  • If you check out the Wikipedia for Landover Baptist Church it gives you a little information. After reading your blog I was in that stupid site for a couple of hours. Lots of funny stuff and yet some disturbing to say the least. I think it's a bummer for the weaker believers that have no idea it's fake, in the hate mail section they get pretty nasty...

    By Blogger wes_line, at 7:55 AM  

  • I didn't think about Wikipedia. Some people just fly off the handle so easily - someone tried to redirect people from my blog to some weird bible bashing site (www.anothergreatescape.blogpsot.com).
    Some people miss the point so easily.
    Thanks for dropping by

    By Blogger Rocky, at 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home