Another Great Escape

Saturday, September 02, 2006

End of the summer

There isn't a clearer sign that the summer is drawing very quickly to an end than the wind battering the trees and the rain chucking it down.

This time, more specifically this weekend, of the year is a tad depressing. I know we've had 6 weeks off, watched way too much TV, stayed up late, got up when we wanted to, just did what we wanted to do but the prospect of going back to school on Monday sends shivers down my spine.

I start my 6th year of teaching this september. Five classes of kids have been taught by me - the kids in my first class will be coming up to 16 now and doing their GCSE's. Each start of a new year doesn't get any easier. I suppose it's just getting back into the swing of things, or knowing what you've got to do in order to get to the next summer holidays.

Don't get me wrong I love my job, but having spent 6 weeks kid and work free, it's hard to get back into getting up early and actually earning my money.

This is also the last summer that "we" will be two - in a few weeks "we" will be three. Along with this responsibility comes extra worry and stress. Ranging from, will we be able to cope, to what happens if this or that happens...

This year will be different - I start with a new set of kids to educate, I'll enter my 6th year of teaching (with a some important future job decisions to make) and I'll be a Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home