Another Great Escape

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Pure Evil



Do you ever look at the news and feel utterly horrified and disgusted at what humans can do? Today there was a story about the two babysitters convicted of baby rape. Last week there was a abduction and sexual assault of a 3 year old from her bedroom. And that's just a small part of it.
What is wrong with this world?!

I get so angry, wanting to physically assault those responsible in every most hurtful way imaginable. I find it hard, that as a Christian I am meant to - commanded to, forgive these evil and twisted people. We don't have any kids of our own, as yet, but I teach a class of 32. Each one, I would physically defend them if anything harmful was happening to them. I just don't understand why anybody could harm a kid.

I know it's a bit cliched, I try to keep away from the Jesus Junk, but WWJD (what would jesus do)? I know he was at times an angry man. Someone with a bit of a spark. He was afterall the son of God! But what would he have done if he was physically around when the above was kicking off?

I think I know the answer - but it doesn't bring any comfort - we all have free will. We choose to do what we do, but I reckon that we will have to account for the actions we have taken.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home